So I put on weight over the holidays – about 2 kg. I don’t think you can tell by looking at me, but the scales don’t lie! I also feel unfit and not toned at all. All that eating out hasn’t done me any good – and for some reason I’ve started having toast and peanut butter every morning! That has got to stop.
I only had one training session with Randy between Christmas and New Year, and I ended up cancelling my session on the 2nd of January as I was SO tired.
So now I’m on a mission. I’m going to lose the 2 kg I put on over the holidays and a further 8 kg. Well, I’m aiming for a further 8 kg but I can live with losing just another 5 kg!
I had my first session of the year with Randy on Sunday morning. I started with my 5-minute warm-up on the cross-trainer and then did the following circuit:
- Bench press with 10-lb weights x 15
- Push-ups x 10
- A back-strengthening exercise which involved me lying on my front with my upper body off the floor pulling a towel towards and away from me x 10
- Ab cycles x 20 on each side
I did that three times followed by 3 minutes on the cross-trainer.
The second set consisted of:
- Alternate lunges combined with a squat x 10 on each side (lunge, lunge, squat)
- Side plank with reach under x 10 on each side
- Star jumps x 30 seconds
I did that three times and then Randy stretched out my lower body.
I didn’t work out at the gym until Wednesday when I had my second session with Randy (although traipsing around the Dubai Mall the day before surely counts as some exercise?).
I did my 5-minute warm-up on the cross-trainer while Randy set up the TRX equipment outside by the pool.
The first circuit consisted of:
- Kettlebell swings (6 kg) x 20
- TRX squats x 12
- Kettlebell dead lift combined with an upright row x 15
- TRX pull-ups x 15
I did 3 minutes on the cross-trainer and we stayed in the gym for the second circuit. It comprised:
- Step-ups on a bench x 10 on each side
- Burpees x 10
- Knee-to-elbow using a bench x 10 on each side
- Stepping on and off a (stationary) treadmill x 1 minute
I did a further 3 minutes on the cross-trainer and then Randy stretched out my lower body and we were done. Yay!
I didn’t work out again the rest of the week – that has got to change.
High point of the week? Learning that an hour of playing the piano burns 175 calories!
Low point of the week? My mum telling me my face had ‘filled out’ over the last few weeks.
Weight loss? Well, I covered that above – a weight gain of 2 kg over the last 3-4 weeks!
Read more updates here.