I’m moving to Dubai at the end of the year and I’ve been adding to an ever-growing list of things I’m going to miss about London:
1. Lunch with the girls.
2. The view from my flat – I can see the London Eye, Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament to the south, and the arch of Wembley Stadium to the northwest – all from my bedroom windows.
3. Being able to walk home from work through the park. In fact, being able to walk anywhere!
4. Being able to visit any websites I want.
5. My friends, of course. And their kids. When I do see them, their kids will have no idea who I am.
6. The office banter and evenings at The Wimpole. Note that ‘banter’ does not include discussions about whether the office is too hot/too cold – that I will not miss!
7. My Sunday morning yoga class.
8. Having Europe on my doorstep. I definitely didn’t make the most of that.
9. Concerts – rock concerts, classical concerts, opera, museums, plays. Anything remotely cultural.
10. London’s old buildings – churches, cathedrals, and all those amazing buildings you find by accident while just walking around.
11. My favourite restaurants: French toast at Raoul’s, pasta with truffle oil at Osteria Basilico, pizza at Le Cochonnet, escargots at Oslo Court, chocolate shortbread brownies at Baker & Spice, butter chicken at Zanzibar, oyster pancakes at Arirang… and so many more!
Have I forgotten anything??