I had a Sunday session with Randy after a whole week of doing nothing. I’d had minor eye surgery and hadn’t been able to do much for a few days afterwards and was ready to get back to work!
I started with 5 minutes on the cross-trainer and then did the following circuit:
- Chest fly press (3-kg weights) x 20
- Alternate knee-ins x 15
- Squat/4 alternating punches (with 3-lb weights)/2 alternating high kicks x 12
- Crunches x 20
I then did 3 more minutes on the cross-trainer and did the next circuit:
- Deadlift/upright row (3-kg weights) x 15
- Roundhouse kicks x 15 on each side
- Extended arm crunches x 20
- Stair climbers x 40 seconds
Randy then stretched out my lower body and I was done.
I was sore on Monday and my yoga teacher cancelled our class. I was even more sore on Tuesday (especially my hamstrings and arms) and my hamstrings were still sore on Wednesday when I went to my second session of the week with Randy. I was also tired as my session was an hour earlier as I’ve started Arabic lessons!
I did my usual warm-up on the cross-trainer for 5 minutes and then did the following circuit:
- Squat press (3-kg weights) x 15
- Push-ups x 12
- Half-burpees (staying on all fours, moving my legs in and out) x 15
- Plank x 50 seconds
I did that three times followed by 3 minutes on the cross-trainer. I then did the next circuit three times:
- Lateral pulldown x 20
- Step-ups on a bench x 12 on each side (by the third set I was ready to cry – I hate these!)
- Bunny hops x 30
- Sit-ups x 20
I then did some stretching and I was done.
Low point of the week? Realising while doing step-ups that my left leg is much weaker than my right.
High point of the week? Having a hot stone massage at Spa Zen at the Radisson Royal on Saturday afternoon – bliss!
Weight loss? None…
Read more updates here.