I woke up on Sunday and my left knee was a little sore. I couldn’t understand why because it was fine all week, and I even did three cardio sessions on my own without any problems. I told Randy before my session began that my knee was playing up again. He said to see how it felt during our session – and also to run/walk at a slight incline when I’m on the treadmill on my own.
I started with my usual 5-minute warm-up on the cross-trainer and then did the following circuit three times (with a rest between sets):
- Seated row x 20
- The ladder x 6 lengths (stepping in and out in one direction, jumping in and out in the other – but by the last set I was stepping in and out in both directions because of my sore knee)
- Combined dumbbell lateral raise/front raise (3-lb weights) x 10
- Sit-ups x 20 (holding a 10-lb weight for the second and third sets)
- Plank x 45 seconds
I did another 3 minutes on the cross-trainer and did the next circuit three times (with a rest between circuits):
- Tricep extensions x 15
- Abdominal leg raises x 15
- Push-ups x 10 (Randy made me lower myself until my chest was on the floor and then push myself up from that position – tough!)
- Single-leg pelvic lifts x 10 on each side (these were painful)
I then did some stretching and I was done!
I woke up on Monday with sore hamstrings, sore triceps, sore shoulders, and a sore left knee. Randy had told me when I was on the treadmill to use a slight incline as that might help the pain in my knees. I went to the gym and did 5 km on the treadmill (46:08; incline 0.5). I didn’t run at all, I started walking at 6.3 kph and then gradually increased it so that at the end I was walking (fast) at 6.9 kph.
I didn’t have a session with Randy on Wednesday but went to the gym on my own. I did 3 km in 25:24 (alternating walking and running). My knee seemed fine while I was on the treadmill, but it’s only after I’ve worked out that it starts to ache a bit.
I didn’t go back to the gym for the rest of the week – I had a heavy weekend and I my knee didn’t feel great. I think wearing heels two nights in a row isn’t very good for me!
Low point of the week? My sore left knee. Also, eating (and drinking) really badly over the weekend – loads of wine and champagne on Friday and Saturday nights, McDonald’s for dinner on Saturday night!
High point of the week? Going to the gym on my own twice – I need to start getting back into my old routine.
Weight loss? I actually made it down to 69.5 kg on Friday (but didn’t really feel it) but was back up to 70 kg again on Saturday!
Read more updates here.