I had my usual Sunday morning session with Trevor. I started with 5 minutes on the cross-trainer and then he told me to do 5 minutes on the bike. Once I’d done that I did the following circuit:
- Treadmill x 2 minutes (1 min at 5 km/h, 1 min at 7.5 km/h)
- Alternating lunges x 30 seconds
- Squats x 30 seconds
- Treadmill x 2 minutes (1 min at 5 km/h, 1 min at 8 km/h)
- Alternating lunges x 45 seconds
- Squats x 45 seconds
- Treadmill x 2 minutes (1 min at 5 km/h, 1 min at 8.5 km/h)
- Alternating lunges x 1 minute
- Squats x 1 minute
After that, we went to the stairwell and I walked down one floor and back up again, then I walked down two floors and came back up again, but after that I told Trevor that I couldn’t do any more. It was stuffy in there and smelled of cigarettes. There were pizza boxes on the fourth floor. It was generally unpleasant. So we went back to the gym and did some boxing. A lot of it! And between rounds of boxing I was either running up and down the length of the gym or stepping on and off the side of the treadmill or doing mountain climbers.
To finish off I did two rounds of an abs circuit, working the upper abs, lower abs and obliques, followed by some stretches.
I decided I’d take it easy on Monday. On Tuesday I did the 20/20/20 workout again and on Wednesday I just did 3 km on the treadmill (walking and running).
On Thursday I had my usual session with Trevor. I did 5 minutes on the cross-trainer and then started my workout. He told me I was going to work out every muscle group during our session, doing three exercises for each group.
- Triceps – seated overhead tricep extension with a dumbbell x 15, tricep kickbacks x 15, tricep dips x 15
- Shoulders – dumbbell front raise x 15, dumbbell lateral raise x 15, rear delt fly x 15
- Chest – chest press x 15, chest fly x 15, chest pullovers x 15
- Upper back – seated upright row, lateral pulldown, and one more exercise I can’t remember
- Lower back – pelvic lifts x 15, double leg lifts x 15 (at 1:00 in the video), dead lifts x 15
- Abs – sit-ups x 15, Russian twists x 15 on each side, leg raises x 15
- Legs – kick backs x 15 on each side (at 9:28 in the video – is this woman’s body for real??), straight leg kick backs x 15 on each side (at 10:13 in the video – but without the cross-over), glute side lift x 15 on each side
After that, I got on the treadmill for 5 minutes at a speed of 5 km/h and a 7% incline.
I then did six leg exercises:
- Bench squats x 15
- Bench step ups x 15 on each side
- Alternating lunges x 16 (8 on each side)
- Leg extensions (machine) x 15
- Hamstring curls (machine) x 15
- Adductors (machine) x 15
I thought I was done then but Trevor told me I hadn’t worked out my core muscles yet (isn’t that the same as abs?). I did:
- Mountain climbers x 15 on each side
- Vertical knee raise machine x 15
- Plank x 1 minute
I did 3 minutes on the bike at an easy resistance to finish off, I did some stretches and I was done. Phew! The session seemed to go on forever!
I didn’t work out at the weekend – but that was four trips to the gym this week!
Low point of the week? Eating rather badly on Wednesday – I had a hot dog at the cinema after staying off bread for almost three weeks, and then that night I had a small Galaxy bar after dinner.
High point of the week? Trevor told me my waist had shrunk and that my legs were looking leaner. I also only had one drink all week. That’s right – one single vodka with soda on Friday night.
Weight loss? None. Ugh.
Read more updates here.