Notes by Nectar

Your destiny lies in your own hands

We were all ready by noon on Sunday, ready to go to Hellshire for lunch. We had a convoy of four cars – my brother (S), sister-in-law (T), nephew (Baby A), my aunt and uncle and various members of my aunt’s family. Even though we placed our (large) lunch order while we were on the way to Screechie’s we still had to wait quite a while for our snapper and lobster.

2015-07-19 14.07.24

We had a few drinks while we were waiting and the kids played in the sand. We didn’t hang about after lunch and we all went back to my aunt and uncle’s for tea. We were there till 5pm and spent the evening at home.

I spent Monday at the office, doing as much work as I could so that I wouldn’t have to do any more in my last few days in Jamaica. S and I left the office at around 4pm and went over to my aunt and uncle’s. T had taken Baby A over and he was running around entertaining everyone when we got there. We ended up sitting there till after 6.30pm.

On Tuesday, T drove us to EITS Cafe (EITS is an acronym for ‘Europe in the Summer’ for lunch. I’d been there last year and really enjoyed it. All the vegetables are organic and the majority come from their own farm. T and I shared a mixed green salad to start with, and then shared two main courses – the beef tenderloin and the pasta. The nanny also ordered the pasta with prawns. We were full after that and skipped dessert. The view from the restaurant/guest house is spectacular.

2015-07-21 12.17.31

2015-07-21 13.21.38

We had a quick look around the property after lunch. There was a games room/art gallery.

2015-07-21 13.24.16

There was also a funny sign in the window.

On Wednesday we were home all day and I had a mani/pedi. That evening we went over to my aunt and uncle’s for a drink so I could say bye to them. After that, S, T and I went to China Express for dinner. We over-ordered and ended up taking some of it home for lunch the next day.

My flight to London was at 7.30pm on Thursday. I finished my packing, relaxed for a while, and in the evening, S, T and Baby A dropped me off at the airport. The same guy who checked me in last year asked me if I wanted to upgrade to Club World – of course I said yes!

And so I said goodbye to S, T and Baby A (Baby A kept trying to push my trolleybag in the opposite direction!) and made my way to security. And that was the end of my Jamaican holiday – I read a lot, caught up on a few TV shows, hung out with my family and that was about it – a perfect restful holiday.

Goodbye, Kingston!

Goodbye, Kingston!

I love my life.

To read more about Jamaica, click here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: